Applying for a DLS Award
Rules modified in 2016, (examples given for the years 2018 / 2019)
Applications for the Dorothy L Sayers Young Lady Ringer of the Year are normally invited at the AGM in June for the following year.
An applicant must be under the age of 18 on 31st December in the year of their application and be a member of the Ladies Guild. So, for the 2019 award, an applicant should be under 18 on 31st December 2018.
An applicant should apply for the award by writing no more than 300 words, saying why they enjoy belonging to the Ladies Guild and why they should like to attend a Training Course such as Hereford or Bradfield. This statement, with a completed application form, should be sent to the District Secretary of the applicant's district, for forwarding to the President of the Ladies Guild.
You can download an application form here.
For information, the rules for the 2019 award are:
- Applicants should apply for the award by writing no more than 300 words, saying why they enjoy belonging to the Ladies Guild and why they should like to attend a Training Course such as Hereford or Bradfield.
- The applicant should be under the age of 18 on 31st December 2018.
- Applications should be received by the Guild President by 31st December 2018.
- The applicant should be a paid up member of the Ladies' Guild and complete the form stating which District they belong to. They should have attended a minimum of three Ladies' Guild meetings or events during the year (to be verified by the District Secretary).
- The DLS fund a place for a training course, the Ladies' Guild will pay for a parent, mentor or a chaperone to accompany the successful applicant.
- The successful applicant should attend the training course by the time of their 19th birthday, and will be required to write a report on the training course that they attended, to be published in the Ladies' Guild Annual Report and on the Ladies’ Guild website.
- Applications are to be sent to the appropriate District Secretary who will then forward the application to the President of the Ladies' Guild of Change Ringers.
- The successful applicant will be notified as soon as possible of the President’s decision and should be available for the presentation of the award.
- Photographs will be taken and used on the Ladies Guild website and other forms of media to promote the award. The applicant must be aware of this.
- For further details please contact the Guild President
Current contact details for the Guild President, and for all the District Secretaries, are on the Ladies Guild website: here